Sunday, March 14, 2010

Popups (2)

I think the source of the pop-up windows that many visitors have seen was one of my website counters (Motigo). I've removed it, and hope this fixes the problem. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. If you still see popups, however, please let me know.

In any event, it bears repeating that using a browser like Internet Explorer, or any browser that does not give you the option of blocking popups, exposes you to the annoyance of popup windows. I highly recommend using either Safari or Firefox (I use both).

6 comments:

Douglas said...

Scott, I use mostly Firefox, and sometimes Safari, and I don't get any popups on your blog, nor do I even get the banner that tells me a popup has been blocked. It is possible that banner has been eliminated in the latest Firefox version, I don't know. At any rate I second the recommendation to use Firefox and/or Safari

W.E. Heasley said...

Mr. Grannis:

No pop ups detected when entering the blog. You may have solved the problem!

What an economist! You found the simplest, least expensive solution that actually solved the problem!

Bill said...

I was one who always saw popups on your site. This time however I had no popups so you appear to have solved the problem. Thanks!

Bob said...

no popups, thanks.


Bob

Unknown said...

I am using IE 8 on Windows 7. The pop up blocker worked, but if I clicked anywhere on the page, another window would open with advertising. Now that you have removed the counter, I no longer have any problems. Thanks!

Scott Grannis said...

David: That's one more reason to switch from IE to Safari or Firefox.