Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Leaving for Egypt and Africa this weekend

The last time I went on an extended trip was mid-March last year, about one week after the stock market hit a very ugly bottom. I'm hoping the timing of our next extended trip, which starts this weekend, will be as fortuitous. With the market action today I'm quite hopeful this will be the case.

Last year we travelled to Argentina, this year to a continent I've never been to before. Friday morning we depart for New York, where we'll spend some time with our daughter. Then we depart Sunday for Cairo for one week in Egypt. Then three weeks in southern Africa, which will include the safari that everyone says you need to do at least once in your life. I plan to continue following the markets, but obviously blogging will be light and irregular until we get back. The mix of posts ought to improve, however, as I plan to take some pictures along the way and highlight some of the interesting things we hope to see and do.

9 comments:

John said...

Scott,

Have a great trip

I am GREEN.

Brian H said...

Outstanding! Enjoy!

Cabodog said...

WOW. Safe travels.

Bob said...

Scott,

I will look forward especially to your posts about the safari you will take. It is on my list of things to do. We are waiting for my grandson to get just a little older so that we can take him. Haven't done much research, so nothing like first hand experience :).

Be safe and enjoy.

Bob

Unknown said...

Dad-
I'm sure the markets will survive without you ;) hurry up and get here already!!! i miss you.

tom said...

May you have a safe and blessed time with your wife. Sounds like a marvelous adventure for both of you. Travel safe!

Matthew Pool said...

Thank you for your invaluable commentary on the economy. I recently completed an undergraduate degree in economics and it is extremely educational to read your veteran economists interpretation of current economic data. Thanks a million for your time.. Have a great vacation!!

Douglas said...

Scott,

Have an excellent trip and stay safe.

Scott Grannis said...

Thanks to all!